February 15, 2010

The Vancouver Opening and some links to places

Yes, I know its been over a month since I've posted. It's just nothing interesting has happened lately and I don't feel like boring you with the minutae of my life. There will be pictures of the snow here as soon as the computer starts liking my digital photographs again.

How many people watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics? My very favorite part of the whole thing was the fact that the ceremony planners did so much with the native Canadian peoples. Unfortunately, I cannot find any videos of this portion of the ceremony. Which is very sad. I would like to know more about the peoples and take more looks at all the culture dispersed throughout the first portion of the ceremony; but all I can find is the Parade of Nations and those violin/tap dancing Scottish-looking people.

And the links. Please note that this time instead of feminist issues the links are for transgender issues.

"When Politics and Privilege meets Comics, Part One-- Transgender Issues"

Language Warning- offensive slurs
"Why Anti-Oppression Is Serious Business"

No comments:

Post a Comment