It is utter [insert derogatory word of choice].
First off; the things added:
- Republican resurgency
- National Rifle Association
- Required to include that the Founding Fathers possibly didn't really mean that the church and state should be seperated.
Next; the vocabulary replaced:
- Imperialism to expansionism
- Capitolism to free trade system
- Slave trade to atlantic triangular trade
Last; a paraphrase of a quote from the Nightly News: the Board wasn't "trying to make it conservative, they were trying to move it toward the middle".
This is especially disturbing since I just finished reading the book Lies My Teacher Told Me.
Links to other reports: