April 23, 2010

Back to the Topic At Hand

These posts are going to take up quite a bit less space than anticipated. Partly because it has been nearly a month since LeadAmerica, and my memory has gotten fuzzy.

So there will be a post about the people at LeadAmerica, our Capitol Hill day, our mock Congressional races, and a transitional post about Are Men Necessary? by Maureen Dowd.


So. Capitol Hill Day.
All the LeadAmerica people got to meet with one or two Representatives of their state and one or two Senators. The rest of the time we could just walk around. I would have liked to spend more time in the Library of Congress, but, alas, could not. If you're ever in DC, spend an hour or two there. It's beautiful, even if you don't much care for books.
Did you know: one of the Representative's buildings has a cafeteria and gift shop in it? The LeadAmerica attendees ate there. It was good.
One of my Senator's offices kicked me out without actually holding the scheduled meeting.

I know I don't sound very enthusiastic. Not particularly motivated by this much right now.
Sorry to anyone who was really interested in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment